Hardwood Floor Care & Hardwood Floor Maintenance Tips From Floorcleaners.net
We have hardwood floor care information and directions can here on our site. You will find hardwood floor care tips, the best way to clean hardwood floors, hardwood floor care info and user guides to cleaning hardwood floors.
1. Sweep, dust mop or vacuum your hardwood floor daily to remove loose dirt and grit before it can scratch the surface of your floor.
2. Thoroughly clean the kitchen wood floor twice as often as other areas when you have hardwood floors..
3. While most food spills will not harm the surface of hardwood floors it is advisable to promptly wipe up with a dry cloth or paper towels. The spill should then be cleaned with a recommended cleaner.
4. Never clean your hardwood floors with water. Never use products such as soaps, detergents and oil soaps to clean your wood floor.
5. Only use products recommended by the hardwood floor manufacturer. If the manufacturer is not known, a general hardwood floor cleaner (Bonakemi, Bona Kemi, Bona X) can be used.
6. Place area rugs or mats at doorways and in front of the kitchen sink to help catch dirt, grit and water. Never use rubber or plastic backed as it may damage the floor. Solid cotton is highly recommend.
7. Never use sheet vinyl or tile floor care products on hardwood floors.
8. Spike heels, cleats and work shoes can be damaging to wood floors. Even a woman of average build with spike heels on can exert 2000 psi. when she takes a step.
9. Humidity control is highly recommended. To reduce excessive shrinkage in the winter a humidifier is recommended while air conditioning or a dehumidifier for the summer.
10. To move furniture properly across a wood floor it should be picked up.
11. Narrow guides and certain types of casters can damage hardwood floors. It is recommended to change to the wide type to help prevent damage.
12. Fabric protectors are a must for all furniture legs. This will help prevent scratching and dents in all hardwood floors.
13. Most finishes of hardwood floors should not be waxed. Please ask a professional or manufacturer.
14. Keep pet nails trimmed regularly. Try to keep animal play on your wood floors to a minimum.
15. Try to keep potted plants off of your wood floor. This will prevent condensation build up which can damage your floor.
16. Children's plastic push toys can scuff the surface of wood floors. It will help to keep this to a minimum.